White Denim for Fall? Yes! Here’s What You Need to Know
July 13, 2017
Confession, we get a serious thrill from throwing fashion “rules” out the window. So when Dries Van Noten showed white denim and white shoes as a key part of his Fall 2017 collection we immediately took notice. We’ll admit white denim traditionally reads as “summery”, but we’ve discovered all it takes is a few simple tweaks to keep this warm weather staple on rotation year-round. Here’s what you need to know…
1. ADD A COAT & ACCESSORIZE ACCORDINGLY- Long menswear-inspired coats were a key part of Dries’ runway looks. Simply reach for your go-to camel coat and add a chunky knit hat or scarf. These cold-weather accessories will lend an unmistakable winter vibe to your outfit.
2. EMBRACE THE MONOCHROMATIC LOOK – If you want to go all in with this trend monochromatic is the way to be! To avoid looking like you just stepped out of a summer vacation, mix in some off-white hues such as ecru or taupe.
3. TAKE A WALK ON THE DARK SIDE – When in doubt, just counteract your white denim with black, navy or chocolate brown. Make sure to choose pieces in wool or cashmere with a heavier weight. We particularly love this look from style maven Olivia Palermo because the small stripe accent on her jacket ties in perfectly to her cropped white denim!
Recent Posts :
- Julianne Weekly Newsletter: Wedding Season 2018 🌹 What are you wearing?
- Julianne Weekly Newsletter: Our 2019 Resort Buying Trip
- Julianne Weekly Newsletter: Boyy, The Next It bags and Accessories
- Julianne Newsletter: Rosetta Getty Pre-Fall 2018
- Julianne Weekly Newsletter: Spring 2018 Sale is On…Save 40%
- Julianne Weekly Newsletter: White Hot Summer
- Julianne Boutique: Introduces Herve Pierre and Nicolas Caito
- Julianne Boutique: Rosetta Getty Spring 2018
- Julianne Weekly Newsletter: Charlotte Chesnais Jewelry
- Sacai Spring 2018 Collection