Spring/Summer 2015 Trend Report
October 17, 2014
This season, we’re pointing out four trends that have followed us through market.
The first and most prominent would be the ‘70s theme throughout the runways. From disco fever at Saint Laurent to boho chic at Dries Van Noten, we’re getting a healthy dose of flower power. Not to mention Thom Browne: those outrageous floral details cannot be ignored!
Saint Lauren, Thom Browne, Dries Van Noten
Slouchy looks are also apparent on many of the runways. We feel that Haider Ackermann mastered the effortless look by way of long soft trenches and over-sized pieces tied tight at the waist with a belt. These dramatic, fuss-free looks will surely make you think twice when considering that structured dress. Forget alterations when you adopt this look for spring.
Every season has a print that’s quintessential with respect to their time of year. For sprig it’s the charming gingham. Although this picnic appropriate garb usually portrays a classic and safe look, these designers had ulterior motives. Thom Browne mixes colors and overlays floral appliqués—creating something much more complex and interesting. Alternatively, Altuzarra adds a plunging neckline and high silt to give some sexuality to an otherwise quaint look.
Altuzarra, Thom Browne
Last, but certainly not least, I bring you…feathers and fringe! We at Julianne can never resist a good feather or fringe piece, and like we always say, the more the better!
Dries Van Noten, Erdem
Recent Posts :
- Julianne Weekly Newsletter: Wedding Season 2018 🌹 What are you wearing?
- Julianne Weekly Newsletter: Our 2019 Resort Buying Trip
- Julianne Weekly Newsletter: Boyy, The Next It bags and Accessories
- Julianne Newsletter: Rosetta Getty Pre-Fall 2018
- Julianne Weekly Newsletter: Spring 2018 Sale is On…Save 40%
- Julianne Weekly Newsletter: White Hot Summer
- Julianne Boutique: Introduces Herve Pierre and Nicolas Caito
- Julianne Boutique: Rosetta Getty Spring 2018
- Julianne Weekly Newsletter: Charlotte Chesnais Jewelry
- Sacai Spring 2018 Collection