White Denim for Fall? Yes! Here’s What You Need to Know
July 13, 2017
Confession, we get a serious thrill from throwing fashion “rules” out the window. So when Dries Van Noten showed white denim and white shoes as a key part of his Fall 2017 collection we immediately took notice. We’ll admit white denim traditionally reads as “summery”, but we’ve discovered all it takes is a few simple tweaks to keep this warm weather staple on rotation year-round. Here’s what you need to know…
1. ADD A COAT & ACCESSORIZE ACCORDINGLY- Long menswear-inspired coats were a key part of Dries’ runway looks. Simply reach for your go-to camel coat and add a chunky knit hat or scarf. These cold-weather accessories will lend an unmistakable winter vibe to your outfit.
2. EMBRACE THE MONOCHROMATIC LOOK – If you want to go all in with this trend monochromatic is the way to be! To avoid looking like you just stepped out of a summer vacation, mix in some off-white hues such as ecru or taupe.
3. TAKE A WALK ON THE DARK SIDE – When in doubt, just counteract your white denim with black, navy or chocolate brown. Make sure to choose pieces in wool or cashmere with a heavier weight. We particularly love this look from style maven Olivia Palermo because the small stripe accent on her jacket ties in perfectly to her cropped white denim!
Recent Posts :
- Accessories Make the Look – How We Transformed a Simple Outfit in Less Than 2 Minutes
- Trend Report: Colorful Faux Fur
- Just In: Dianora Salviati Scarves
- Yes, you can wear a tulle skirt and look stylish. Here’s how!
- Get the Look: Emily Ratajkowski in Proenza Schouler
- Stylists to a T Visit Julianne
- Just In: Dries Van Noten Fall 2017
- The Velvet Trend is Back for Fall and We’re SO Excited. Here’s How to Wear It
- Behind the Scenes with Stylists to a T
- M2Malletier Fall 2017 Handbags at Julianne