White Denim for Fall? Yes! Here’s What You Need to Know
July 13, 2017
Confession, we get a serious thrill from throwing fashion “rules” out the window. So when Dries Van Noten showed white denim and white shoes as a key part of his Fall 2017 collection we immediately took notice. We’ll admit white denim traditionally reads as “summery”, but we’ve discovered all it takes is a few simple tweaks to keep this warm weather staple on rotation year-round. Here’s what you need to know…
1. ADD A COAT & ACCESSORIZE ACCORDINGLY- Long menswear-inspired coats were a key part of Dries’ runway looks. Simply reach for your go-to camel coat and add a chunky knit hat or scarf. These cold-weather accessories will lend an unmistakable winter vibe to your outfit.
2. EMBRACE THE MONOCHROMATIC LOOK – If you want to go all in with this trend monochromatic is the way to be! To avoid looking like you just stepped out of a summer vacation, mix in some off-white hues such as ecru or taupe.
3. TAKE A WALK ON THE DARK SIDE – When in doubt, just counteract your white denim with black, navy or chocolate brown. Make sure to choose pieces in wool or cashmere with a heavier weight. We particularly love this look from style maven Olivia Palermo because the small stripe accent on her jacket ties in perfectly to her cropped white denim!
Recent Posts :
- Behind the Scenes with Stylists to a T
- M2Malletier Fall 2017 Handbags at Julianne
- White Denim for Fall? Yes! Here’s What You Need to Know
- 3 Key Fall 2017 Trends to Know
- The Only 3 Shoes You’ll Need for Fall
- 5 (Surprisingly Easy) Ways to Style Spring 2017’s Biggest Trend
- Confused? We’re breaking down the top 6 wedding dress codes. Here’s everything you need to know.
- Our Take on Gingham
- Get the Look: Romee Strijd Wearing Tomasini Paris
- What to Pack for a Memorial Day Getaway