White Denim for Fall? Yes! Here’s What You Need to Know
July 13, 2017
Confession, we get a serious thrill from throwing fashion “rules” out the window. So when Dries Van Noten showed white denim and white shoes as a key part of his Fall 2017 collection we immediately took notice. We’ll admit white denim traditionally reads as “summery”, but we’ve discovered all it takes is a few simple tweaks to keep this warm weather staple on rotation year-round. Here’s what you need to know…
1. ADD A COAT & ACCESSORIZE ACCORDINGLY- Long menswear-inspired coats were a key part of Dries’ runway looks. Simply reach for your go-to camel coat and add a chunky knit hat or scarf. These cold-weather accessories will lend an unmistakable winter vibe to your outfit.
2. EMBRACE THE MONOCHROMATIC LOOK – If you want to go all in with this trend monochromatic is the way to be! To avoid looking like you just stepped out of a summer vacation, mix in some off-white hues such as ecru or taupe.
3. TAKE A WALK ON THE DARK SIDE – When in doubt, just counteract your white denim with black, navy or chocolate brown. Make sure to choose pieces in wool or cashmere with a heavier weight. We particularly love this look from style maven Olivia Palermo because the small stripe accent on her jacket ties in perfectly to her cropped white denim!
Recent Posts :
- Dreamy New Resort 2018 Arrivals
- The 4 Sweaters We’ll Be Wearing All Season Long & Why
- 6 Cold Weather Essentials to Buy Now
- Coming Soon to Julianne: Carolina Herrera Resort 2017
- 5 Reasons to Wear Ankle Boots
- Ryan Roche Knitwear Featured on Man Repeller
- Rosetta Getty Featured in Design LA Magazine
- The Fall Fashion Checklist. Do You Have These 7 Items Yet?
- Get the Look: Victoria Beckham’s Sheer Blue Blouse
- The Event You’ve Been Waiting For – Julianne’s First Ever Blowout Sale!