The Velvet Trend is Back for Fall and We’re SO Excited. Here’s How to Wear It
July 31, 2017
So you want to wear velvet, but you don’t want to look over the top. We get it, it’s a tall order. Traditionally, velvet brings to mind old school holiday outfits or garb worn by royals from long ago. Luckily for all of us velvet has experienced a resurgence as of late and undergone a casual, modern makeover — a make-under really.
Here are our top 3 tips for owning this season’s biggest trend…
1. SWAP YOUR BASICS. Always start with the basics. The straightforward way to master this trend is to simply swap your leather shoes and handbags for versions in velvet. Start with one at a time and if you dare, wear both! Just make sure you choose different shades of velvet that compliment each other. Opting for matchy-matchy hues will date your look.
2. SUIT UP. The next level to mastering velvet? The velvet blazer of course. It’ll transition you from Fall to Winter with ease and looks great back to jeans, trousers, skirts… You name it! The tailored lines also add some weight to this fabric that can often read as playful. We love how these ladies kept their velvet blazers causal by pairing them back to light wash denim.
3. OPT FOR A FLOWY DRESS. If you’re looking to dive head first into velvet a long dress is your best option. Keep the silhouette flowy, it adds to the whole “effortless” vibe. We suggest choosing an unexpected jewel tone and staying away from classic hues such as black or bright red.
SHOP OUR VELVET PICKS VIA OUR FARFETCH BOUTIQUE
Recent Posts :
- Get the Look: Emily Ratajkowski in Proenza Schouler
- Stylists to a T Visit Julianne
- Just In: Dries Van Noten Fall 2017
- The Velvet Trend is Back for Fall and We’re SO Excited. Here’s How to Wear It
- Behind the Scenes with Stylists to a T
- M2Malletier Fall 2017 Handbags at Julianne
- White Denim for Fall? Yes! Here’s What You Need to Know
- 3 Key Fall 2017 Trends to Know
- The Only 3 Shoes You’ll Need for Fall
- 5 (Surprisingly Easy) Ways to Style Spring 2017’s Biggest Trend